We might have taken a bit of a summer vacay over at Unbun HQ, but you guys did not!! We love all of the epic recipe inspo that comes through the ‘gram and we can’t help but drool all over our screen!
Today’s feature is from our good friend Samah over @dadaeats. She created a spiced chickpea burger that’s crispy & vegan! She paired with our Vegan Keto Bun for a one-of-a-kind dish! Check the recipe below:
- 1 cup wild or brown rice, cooked⠀
- 1 cup cashews, pulsed in a blender until fine ⠀
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas ⠀
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal ⠀
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped⠀
- 3 tbsp olive oil ⠀
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs or chickpea crumbs⠀
- 1/2 tsp paprika⠀
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ⠀
- 1 tsp cumin ⠀
- 1/2 tsp cayenne ⠀
- Salt to taste ⠀
- Pepper to taste ⠀
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Using a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse cashews until powder remains. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas until they are mostly soft, but some texture remains (about 3/4 of the way mashed).
- Add cashews to chickpeas, along with flaxseed meal, chopped garlic, and olive oil. Mix to incorporate. Add paprika, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, and salt + pepper. Season to taste.
- Now, oil your hands with olive oil and form into patties. Coat eat patty in panko bread crumbs (or chickpea crumbs). Makes about 6-8 patties depending on desired size. Air fry for 18 minutes, or bake for 20 on 350 degrees, or pan-fry in olive oil.⠀