We’re calling this bad boy the “Big Meat” Burger not just because it’s a half pound of thick, juicy beef (although that’s plenty of reason). With two beef patties, two cheese slices, pickles, shredded lettuce and our own “special sauce”—a.k.a. Primal Kitchen® Thousand Island Dressing, you might just be thinking of another “Big M–” burger now. (Wink.)
While we might be channeling some Big Memories here, fast food’s got nothing on this Primal Giant. With omega-3 rich grass-fed beef, aged cheddar, healthy monounsaturated fat based Primal Kitchen dressing, and a low-carb, grain-free Unbun, you’ll enjoy all the savory goodness you remember…with none of the guilt.
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped lettuce
- 6 pickle slices
- 4 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 “Unbun” Hamburger Buns
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Mix ground beef with salt and black pepper. Divide beef into four parts, and shape into patties. (Make the patties on the thinner side, since they’ll “shrink” while cooking.)
- Grill or broil for approximately 6-8 minutes, depending on preference and thickness of patties.
- Place cooked patties on plate, and top each with cheese slices. Put a drop of water on each cheese slice and cover the plate with a large pot lid (the water then creates steam to help melt the cheese).
- For buns, spread the cut side of each with ghee or butter and griddle until toasted.
- To add sesame seeds to buns, brush buns with egg white and sprinkle on seeds. Bake for 2 minutes at 275 ºF/135 ºC until egg white is cooked.
- Place one cheese covered patty on bottom bun. Add shredded lettuce, pickle slices and one tablespoon Primal Kitchen Thousand Island Dressing. Stack the second patty and top with lettuce, dressing and pickles. Then add the top bun. Do the same for the second burger.