Calling all breakfast, brunch and brinner (breakfast for dinner) fans!!!
Most will agree that there are few other breakfast dishes that hit the spot quite like the fluffy, golden, sweet, cinnamony goodness that french toast does. With that being said, we’re sharing with you our all-time favorite french toast recipe.
Picture all the tasty qualities of regular french toast with the addition of our nutrient-dense, low-carb, clean-ingredient, gluten and grain free, paleo, keto-friendly bread. We like to think of this as a balanced and functional breakfast treat.
- 3 large, organic eggs (if possible) *can also make this recipe vegan using flax“eggs” instead.*
- 1/4 cup of your preferred milk/milk alternative *we love using unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 tablespoons of real Canadian maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 Unbun Foods Keto Mini-Baguettes sliced into thick rounds
Spiced Caramelized Pear Topping Ingredients:
- 2 - 4 medium-sized, ripe but firm pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- Beat egg, vanilla, cinnamon and baking powder in shallow dish. Stir in milk of choice.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook Unbun Baguette slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Top with spiced caramelized pears, toasted coconut flakes and enjoy!
- Warm coconut oil, sugar, spices and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until spices, sugar and coconut oil are well-combined and fragrant.
- Turn heat to low and add thinly sliced pears to saucepan, simmer until pears are soft (about 3-5 minutes)
- Pour topping over french toast and enjoy!
- Canadian maple syrup, ground organic cinnamon, toasted coconut flakes or toasted walnuts...sky’s the limit here friends!
- Enjoy! Also, don’t forget to tag/share your Unbun Foods creations with us on Instagram @unbunfoods for a chance to be featured on our feed :)